This working at home thing has really taken a toll on my dressing skills. More often than not, I stay in yoga pants and a shirt all day everyday. And frankly, it’s making it hard to write a fashion blog! So I’ve decided that I have to start getting dressed everyday like I’m going to a real job. I think a little more structure will do me good. However, I don’t want to wear anything uncomfortable or restrictive. Let’s be honest; I usually work from my couch or my big round comfy chair. So that means I need to be comfortable but still presentable enough to go get fro-yo if the mood strikes. Since it’s already getting to be summer here in Austin, leggings are out. That means maxi dresses! Let’s see what cute comfy dresses I can find…….
1. Suplice Knit Maxi Dress by Tbags Los Angeles – Nordstrom. I love the print of this dress so much! I tend to get caught in black or gray a lot, and this is just so darn colorful. I could lounge and be presentable in this for sure.
2. Garden Bloom Maxi by City Chic – Sonsi. This dress reminds me of some curtains I saw at Anthropologie one time, and I mean that in a totally good way. It’s black, but it has a beautiful and bold floral print. Normally, I fear florals, but this one is so bright and cheerful and won’t make me look like a sofa. I hate looking like a sofa.
3. White Label Long Caftan by Rachel Pally – Nordstrom. I know, I know – Rachel Pally is always showing up on here. Someaday, I swear I will bite the bullet and get a dress from her. Perhaps it will be this one. The print is so fun and it’s black and white. What’s not to love?
4. Borderline Maxi by Catherines – Sonsi. This is such a great staple for the summer. It’s casual enough for working at home and having lunch with a friend, but with a shrug and some wedges, it’s fancy enough for a night out or brunch. It does come in black and red, but I am digging the bright green and aqua panels at the bottom of the navy one.
5. So Cute Stripe Maxi by City Chic- Sonsi. The name says it all – this is so cute! I really love the combination of orange and navy and I love that the belt gives it a bit more formality for when you wear it somewhere nice.
What do you think of my maxi choices? And do you like wearing maxi dresses in the summer?