WOW it has been a while! Can y’all believe it’s been over a year since I sat down to write a post? 2020 was a wild ride, and 2021 has been a sloooooooow climb back to life. If you follow me on social media, you’ve heard about the big changes, heartbreaks, struggles, and joys of the last year. If you don’t, here’s a quick refresher!
2020 (and 2021) Recap
- January 31, 2020 – My husband and I separated. Divorce is still pending because the courts are MAJORLY backed up. Someday I may write/talk about it, but today is not that day.
- February 7, 2020 – Met James, fell in love at first sight (yup, it’s a thing), moved in together. All in the same week. Someday I may write/talk about that crazy timeline and experience, but today is not that day.
- March 15, 2020 – Quarantine officially begins. Over the course of the next few months, I’ll lose almost all my work along with my business and my sanity. I thought I was done and it was a frightening prospect. James started working from home and is still working from home, and I love having him here with me.
- June 30, 2020 – Admitted to the hospital with acute pancreatitis. The effects would plague me (along with chronic anemia) for the rest of the year.
- December 6, 2020 – Shockingly found out I was pregnant. Three days of intense surprise and joy. Health issues ensued. Decided to call it the Disco Nugget.
- December 31, 2020 – Lost the Nugget. Still struggling through the grief. I did write about it if you’d like to read.
- April 1, 2021 – Moved out of my home of the last 5.5 years into an apartment. The adjustment has been rough. I’m not a fan of change.
As you can see, it’s been one hell of a year! Most of it was awful, but finding love was amazing. I’m turning 40 this year and I feel like I’m just finally starting to have an understanding of who I am and what I want to do. I removed the separation of work and life+style on my blog because the line is so blurred these days. My work has evolved, my purpose has evolved, and I’ll be evolving this site to reflect that. I plan to get back to writing about all the things I love – personal style, body acceptance, mental health, content creation, digital marketing, skincare, cats, etc. I look forward to the journey, wherever it takes me.